Did you know…
- Road injuries are the leading cause of unintentional deaths to children in the United States
- Every 34 seconds one child under age 13 is involved in a crash
- In 2012 alone, 121,000 children under age 13 were injured as passenger in car crashes
- More than 3,390 children were killed in car crash accidents during a 5-year period (2008-2012).
- In addition, an estimated 613,000 children were injured
- In 2012, among children under the age of 5 in cars, an estimated 284 lives were saved by child restrains
- In 2012, over on-third (37%) of children killed in car crashes were not in car seats, booster seats or seat belts
- All 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico have laws requiring children to be restrained while riding in cars
- Children should ride in the back seat until they are at least 12 years old
Contact us to schedule a Car Seat Safety Check. We work in partnership with the Orange County Safe Kids to provide child passenger safety inspections throughout the year. Car seat check inspections are free of charge and aim to teach parents and caregivers how to safely transport children.
The SAFE Kids coalition is housed at the Children’s Safety Village of Central Florida. Call us at 407-521-4673 for a one-on-one appointment today!*
*Appointments are booked M-F at the Children’s Safety Village of Central Florida. Arrangements can be made to meet within Orange County at a sheriff’s office substation. Free monthly car seat check events are also available. Please contact us for more information.