Safety is our top priority at the Children’s Safety Village (CSV). Your school field trip experience at the Children’s Safety Village starts in our “miniature city” known as the Children’s Safety Village. Our child size village is built on an 8-acre site and includes (9) miniature buildings with paved sidewalks and streets, functioning traffic light and crosswalk signals, railroad crossing and lights, electrical substation, a fire safety house and a water safety complex with an indoor pool.
Our safety village utilizes unique teaching concepts to provide children with a realistic approach to recognizing safety hazards found in their everyday life. “Active learning combined with multi-level experiences” is the educational philosophy that guides every aspect of our programs. Participating students will learn how to practice safety through hands-on exercises, role playing activities and interactive techniques. Educational research has proven that children who experience safety education have significantly fewer accidents.
Our- field trip experience is great for public and private schools, learning academies, faith-based organizations, home schools, childcare and daycare centers, Head Start programs, after school programs, scout troops, community and neighborhood centers.
Our most popular programs include:
- Bicycle and Helmet Safety
- Pedestrian and traffic safety, including railway safety, traffic signs and signal recognition
- Water Safety
- Fire Safety and Prevention
- Dangerous Person Awareness
- Internet Safety
- Gun Safety
- 9-1-1 emergency calling
- BuckleBear program (child car seat safety)
- Poison Awareness and Prevention program
How To Book a Field Trip
We look forward to your visit to the Children’s Safety Village! To book your field trip, first select three preferred dates and the time of your field trip. Also, please indicate two safety classes of your choice from the options above. You can call us at 407-521-4673 or you can fill out a field trip request form below. IMPORTANT: A submission of the reservation request does not guarantee a reservation. Once your field trip has been confirmed by a member of our staff, your will receive a confirmation Email or a phone call.
If you are calling us instead of filling out the form below, please have the following information ready when you call to make your reservation:
- School and organization name
- Complete address and telephone number
- E-mail address
- Contact person/group leader information
- Anticipated arrival and departure time
- Grade/age level of children attending
- Number of children and adults participating
Field trip fee is $5.00 per student and $5.00 for every attending adult. The fee covers your choice of two safety classes of 45 minutes each, playground time and the opportunity to enjoy your packed lunch in the covered village pavilion. Please note that the minimum number of students to participate in a field trip is 10 children.
Chaperones are welcome to participate in our programs. Teachers and parents are considered chaperones. The safety village allows one free chaperone with every 10 students. Chaperones are required to stay with the students at all times and are responsible for the behavior and actions of the group during their visit.
Upon confirmation of your fieldtrip, the safety village requires a non-refundable deposit of $30.00 which will count towards your final payment. Please note that any outstanding balance is expected to be paid in full upon arrival at the Children’s Safety Village. Payments can be made with cash, check, or credit card.
FIELD TRIP RESERVATION FORM
- A big thank you to the staff of the Safety Village for such a well-organized, safe, educational, yet fun filled 2 weeks of Summer Camp! My girls could not wait to tell me of their great adventures each day when I picked them up. They could not decide which was their favorite, the rocket making, k-9 dogs, magician, circus, watersports competition, Color Guard, Home Depot projects, etc. but kept them coming home hungry and worn out! Your staff is very professional yet friendly and fun. My favorite part was the children being introduced to AED’s, CPR, Community Service, Fire Safety Training, Water Safety and more. Our only regret is that the two weeks are over. We look forward to next year knowing it will be Awesome again!
- My boys had an amazing week at Heroes Camp:) Thank you to the caring staff and all of the sponsors. The activities were great and my boys are already asking if they can go back next year!! GREAT JOB!!
- Thank you for a GREAT week of camp. It was such a wonderful variety of fun activities and learning, and I couldn’t believe all the great stuff my daughter brought home at the end of the week. The best part was seeing all the pictures of everything the kids got to do. Money well spent. We’ll be back next summer for both weeks!
- My kids must have had a great day today, as I had 2 very excited kids telling me all about it the entire 30 min drive home. Thank you for offering such enriching experiences!!